- Classic crisscross - outside, inside, outside and tighten from the bottom
- Combination crisscross - an easier version of the classic. Outside, outside, outside and tighten by pulling laces.
- Spaced crisscross - X-pattern eyelets in the center.
- Horizontal lacing - Bring one end straight up to the top of the eyelet, lacing the other end in the desired effect.
- Zigzag - one end straight up to top of eyelet, but other end laces in a crisscross pattern.
- Horizontal underlacing - outside down, inside up across, outside down.
- Experiment on shoes or boots with any number of eyelets. Hint --> combat boots are fun.
- Pull laces up so the longer end is on the right. When you tie your bow, twist the longer end twice around the first loop before pulling it through.
- Cotton laces tie better.
How to Wear a Handkerchief
How to Tie a Skinny Tie