April 27, 2012
April 22, 2012
April 20, 2012
An insightful new documentary about mid-century northwest modern architecture, MODERN VIEWS illustrates how designers today can learn from sustainable and economic choices made as many as 50 years ago. Through the personal histories and insights of five prominent northwest modern architects, the film offers a deeper understanding of this unique style of architecture happening in the Pacific Northwest in a period that is often overlooked.
April 19, 2012
If you enjoyed the post please pass it on.
April 18, 2012
April 17, 2012
It's not just the turtelnecks that make this ad from the 80s creepy.
I was actually looking for the SNL parody of the Calvin Klein Obsession ad - the one with the male model in the pool with the dog but, unfortunately, NBC has removed all traces of it.
April 16, 2012
If you're a frequent visitor to the Bijou Living FB page then you'll know the little commentary we have going on about Dolce & Gabbana (and Chloe) hanging out on my blog. I couldn't help but think of our Italian friends, and perhaps their next collection, when I watched Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi in The Black Cat (1934) the other night.
images are screen shots © Universal Pictures
April 11, 2012
I adapted this recipe from Skinny Taste (being a 'skinny' blog I don't understand why she didn't use nonfat plain yogurt instead of mayo). A big tub of cornstarch wasn't really on my shopping list so I thought I could try subbing it for something else - which didn't work very well. I used Panko because it was the only thing in our cupboard. Use the cornstarch.
This recipe is delicious. I can't wait to make it again.
What you need:
- 1 lb large peeled, deveined prawns
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tbsp Thai Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha (to taste)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cups shredded ice berg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 4 tbsp chopped scallions
- a large skillet
What you do:
- combine nonfat plain yogurt, chili sauce and Sriracha
- combine shredded lettuce and cabbage
- coat prawns with cornstarch and blend
- heat skillet and add oil when skillet is hot
- toss in prawns and chopped peanuts and cook for about three minutes
- remove from heat and combine prawns with the chili and Sriracha sauce
- spoon over shredded lettuce and cabbage
serve with a Phillips Hop Circle IPA
April 10, 2012
April 4, 2012
April 3, 2012