Tip of the Week - At the Table
Clyde Common, Portland
- Napkins should be unfolded after everyone has been seated.
- Place your napkin neatly over your thighs, never tucked into your collar.
- At lunch, unfold only half the napkin; at dinner, unfold the whole thing.
- If you need to leave the table, do not place your napkin on the back of the chair; alternatively, place the napkin on the seat of your chair: servers will know you're returning and will not clear your plate.
- At the end of the meal, place your napkin, lightly folded, to the left of your plate.