It's funny how Brad will drink my make do mend cocktails but will have nothing to do with my make do mend dinners, (peanut butter and banana wrap this week because I was too lazy to intricately spread the PB on a rice cake).
This time, Rachel and Eddie brought over some Victoria Gin. Hmm - gin and Diet Dr. Pepper? Gin and almond milk? Gin and basil?
Voila - Artisanal Basil Gimlet
- 7 basil leaves - if you use ones from your deck, like we did, you can call it artisanal
- 1/4 ounce blue agavae syrup (or artisanal simple syrup)
- 2 ounces Victoria Gin - made by hand in Victoria, BC - guess that makes it artisanal as well
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice - does hand squeezed juice make it artisanal?
- 1 artisanal ice cube
What you do:
- add basil to a martini shaker
- muddle it up with a wooden spoon
- add all the liquid
- add the frozen liquid
- put the top on the shaker
- shake well
- strain into a flute or martini glass
- add a small basil leave for a garnish
image from #happycanadaday by @rockellita
watermelon salad, tabouli and artisanal basil gimlet on our deck