Another Make Do Mend Cocktail - How to Make a Basil Gimlet
It's funny how Brad will drink my make do mend cocktails but will have nothing to do with my make do mend dinners, (peanut butter and banana wrap this week because I was too lazy to intricately spread the PB on a rice cake).
This time, Rachel and Eddie brought over some Victoria Gin. Hmm - gin and Diet Dr. Pepper? Gin and almond milk? Gin and basil?
Voila - Artisanal Basil Gimlet
- 7 basil leaves - if you use ones from your deck, like we did, you can call it artisanal
- 1/4 ounce blue agavae syrup (or artisanal simple syrup)
- 2 ounces Victoria Gin - made by hand in Victoria, BC - guess that makes it artisanal as well
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice - does hand squeezed juice make it artisanal?
- 1 artisanal ice cube
What you do:
- add basil to a martini shaker
- muddle it up with a wooden spoon
- add all the liquid
- add the frozen liquid
- put the top on the shaker
- shake well
- strain into a flute or martini glass
- add a small basil leave for a garnish
image from #happycanadaday by @rockellita
watermelon salad, tabouli and artisanal basil gimlet on our deck