- burnt campfire marshmallows - finally the campfire ban will be over!
- stacking firewood
- the smell of wet forest coming in my bedroom window
- hot home cooked meals
- less humans walking about - the 7pm sea wall stroll will be ours again
- seagulls will have finally shut up
- a bed stacked high with blankets
- pumpkin pie
What I don't look forward to:
- crazy nut cheeked squirrels dodging traffic - so much anxiety about this, I should just stay home
- squirrels nesting under the hood of my car - same as above
- slugs - PTSD from my first and only summer camp experience as a kid
- weeks of straight rain
- having a wet umbrella in my car - Has anyone mastered getting into a car with an umbrella yet? I find I get wetter than I would without one!
- Rocky's Cafe at Whytecliff Park shutting down for the season