Stacy's shopping list:
- kettle - Did you know Le Creuset kettles are made in Thailand? I found an Alessi Made in Italy but it was the floor model and scratched up.
- patio chairs - Cape Cod chairs. Are they not called Cape Cod chairs for a reason?
- insulated coffee cup/thermos - Good luck.
- sofa - I'd buy vintage but found bed bugs in the last antique/vintage shop I went into. Be careful!
- pajamas - Bella Notte, Made in USA
- hand held mixer - thrift store, Iona, Made in Canada
- food dehydrator - Nesco, Made in USA
- sandwich plates - a local potter
- sandalwood vanilla candle - Aquiesse, Made in USA
- coasters - June Hunter, a local artisan
- boots - thrift shop vintage Italian
Enough of this 'Designed in Country X, Made in China' business. You can design the coolest looking car but if it's a piece of scrap, it's a piece of scrap. Which reminds me I better start looking for that older model Volvo.
For more thoughts read; The New York Times' Sunday August 1, 2010 pieces, 'Is Italy too Italian' by David Segal and 'Another Sign of a Rough Economy: Even Cheaper Knockoffs' by Stephanie Clifford.