7 Excuses to catch that last minute flight to NYC
YSL Uptown Seventies Chic
photo decades1. Yves Saint Laurent investment opportunity - collectors are abuzz with the YSL treasures to be found at the Manhattan Vintage Clothing Show - bring cash for the most negotiating power and go for the 70's stuff (Oct. 10 - Oct. 11).
2. Something unseen was seducing you - "Gothic: Dark Glamour" at the Fashion Institute of Technology - expect Givenchy, Eiko Ishioka's gowns from 1992's Bram Stoker's Dracula, Alexander McQueen, Thierry Mugler and John Galliano.
Babar being shot at
3. A childhood friend was in town - Babar - you haven't forgotten your favourite pachyderm have you? "Drawing Babar: Early Drafts and Watercolors" at the Morgan Library & Museum
Nooka Zoo watch
4. You had to buy a watch at the MoMA Store - MoMA has some of the best designs available under one roof.
Installation at the Met's Superhero exhibit
5. Superman needed you - "Superheroes: Fashion and Fantasy" at the Met
Gramercy Park Hotel
6. You were entertaining business clients for lunch - Gramercy Park Hotel roof top patio
Adbusters issue 79
7. You had to see an authentic 'hipster beard' with your own eyes (I prefer the hipster mustache) - any coffee shop in Brooklyn