- Niemeyer, with Lucio Costa, designed the Brazilian Pavilion for the New York World's Fair
- His first executed work was a maternity clinic
- He worked with Le Corbusier on the preliminary plans for the Ministry of Education Building in Rio de Janiero, Brazil
- Niemeyer began his career in architecture before he graduated from university
- He was a member of the United Nations Headquarters Design Committee
- He considered the Modern Art Museum in Caracás, Venezuela as marking an important shift to minimalism in his designs
- Niemeyer was head of the design group responsible for creating the first public building in the world to be expressed in the modernist architectural medium (Ministry of Education Building, Rio de Janiero)
- Mayor Fiorella LaGuardia made him an honorary citizen of New York City in 1939
- With the assistance of 60 architects, Niemeyer conceived, developed, and produced final drawings for all the important federal buildings for Brasilia in less than two years
- Niemeyer will celebrate his 102nd birthday on December 17, 2009.
10 Things You Should Know About Oscar Niemeyer
Please come visit me on Instagram , Facebook and Etsy . April 2016 - In French they say, 'Je suis fatigué'. Fatigué is a ...
There are The 85 Ways to Tie a Tie , three of which you should know for your thin ties. The Four-in-Hand knot is the best way to...
1. The classic - useful in front of a picture or large window 2. For a long narrow space 3. The right angle creates its own domain in...