How To Accessorize Your Home Successfully aka Decorating Without Looking Like A Thrift Shop
Accessories are a unique addition to your home and should always be objects you love - never choose them solely to go with your furniture. If you have a collection, display it advantageously by gathering it all in one place for the greatest impact. Arrange the collection so that the repetition of objects is rhythmic and compelling.
Here are 5 tips for organizing collections:
1. Consider the kinship of objects to each other and to the background upon which they will be placed
2. Anchor the collection by a piece of furniture of equal or greater visual weight beneath them
3. Make large-scale drawings of your plans or lay them out on the floor before you commit
4. Treat every wall as a potential artwork
5. The best things in life are free