While reading some bad poetry of my youth last night I saw a common theme in quotes I admired from way back when.
Here are some of my teen faves and how they've grown up:
- If it's meant to be it will be. Don't just sit there, go and get it!
- If you love something set it free; if it comes back it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was. I got married.
- Hang in there, baby! Pull yourself together, damnit! - in Mid-Atlantic English accent
- If at first you don't succeed, try try again. F*ck it.
- Carpe Diem.
- I think I can, I think I can.
One of my cousins must've had the cat poster in their bedroom when I was growing up because it remains indelibly etched in my mind.