I'm sure these words automatically remind you of something.
Your job this week is to pay attention to how fashion marketers, retailers or brands use the five senses (sight, hearing, taste, smell, touch) to win you and your money over.
1. When you walk into Wal-Mart does it smell like rubber and cardboard or leather and tobacco? How does the smell of Wal-Mart make you feel?
2. What department greets you when you walk off the street into Saks or Barneys?
3. How does the touch of chiffon make you feel? How does the touch of denim make you feel?
4. What music are they playing in Lord & Taylor or Harrod's? How does it make you feel?
5. What sort of lighting is in the fighting room at Macy's? At Barneys?
6. Go into an Agent Provocateur, a Holister and a GUCCI. Which one made you want to spend money and why? Think about the five senses.
7. What are some scents that conjure up images of upscale, discount, classic, trendy?
8. If your local mall could smell like something what would you think it would be?
9. Have you been into a Westin hotel lately? Smell anything different?
Pay attention, it's already happening.