How to Make Chocolate Cointreau Truffles - Easy Recipe
I'm getting pretty good at these smash, melt and refrigerate recipes.
The Cointreau gives the truffles that Terry's Chocolate Orange flavor. yum.
What you need:
• 8 oz well chopped high quality chocolate (62% cacao or higher)
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1-2 tbsp Cointreau
• cocoa powder
• little bit of espresso
What you do:
1. In a small, heavy saucepan bring the whipping cream to a simmer - be sure to stir and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula every few minutes. Stir in Cointreau.
2. Place the chocolate in a separate bowl. Pour the cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for a few minutes then stir until smooth. This chocolatey goodness is called ganache.
3. Allow to cool, then place in the refrigerator for two hours. Remove and with a teaspoon roll out balls of the ganache. Roll in your hands quickly (as it will melt from the heat of your hands) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
4. Roll in cocoa powder and espresso blend.
Serve right away or keep in the fridge for awhile. They last quite a long time. We had ours in the fridge for five days. They taste better at room temperature.
Makes 30-40 chocolate truffles.