1. Dior launched his first Christian Dior couturier collection at the age of 42.
2. The reluctant couturier initially broke off negotiations with his investors via telegram due to panic. On the advice of a fortune-teller, he quickly undid the effects of his refusal and negotiations resumed, therein consummating one of the world's greatest Maisons.
3. A love of architecture inspired him to produce clothes that emphasized the 'ethereal appearance' of the female body. He designed clothes that accented the width of the female hips, gave prominence to the bust and demanded presence in a room.
4. He believed the most important feature of his life was his good luck.
5. During the Great Depression of the 1930s, Dior was taught, by friends, how to draw and paint. A 'faithful' friend managed to sell 120 francs worth of Dior's fashion sketches and in Dior's own words it was those 120 francs that, '...decided my future then, and were to illuminate my whole life for the future.'.
For more inspiration read: Dior by Dior: The Autobiography of Christian Dior
10 Random Things About Jean-Michel Basquiat
10 Things You Should Know About Yayoi Kusama