Thank you Prêt à Porter P for giving me, Stacy Reynaud, the 'I Love Your Blog Award'. What an honour!
The rules of the prize are:
- Do an entry with the prize.
- Answer the questions.
- Give the prize to 10 blogs.
1. Why did you create the blog?I had made the decision to 'burn out rather than fade away' when I shipped off the last order of my clothing brand. After a year of terrible lows I found a day job that was, let's just say, not my cup of tea. I left that job after a night of ciders and listening to Taylor James sing the blues at the Comox bar. The next day I put on my faux fur, biker boots and leather leggings and got back to what I love - fashion and writing.
2. What kind of blogs do you follow?I follow mainly independent fashion blogs but my cat Flo follows animal blogs.
3. Favorite makeup brand?I really only wear mascara and under eye concealer. My usual Maybelline brand was discontinued so now I'm on to my second tube of YSL Noir Radical. I'm a long time user of YSL Touche éclat
4. Favorite clothing brand?I've just started adding brands to my wardrobe within the last six months. I've always worn classic vintage pieces of no particular brand. I seem to be picking up a lot of IsabeleMarant, Filippa K and Acne lately. I look for quality, classic pieces.
5. Your indispensable makeup product:Wedderspoon Manuka Kiss lip balm, spf 30 - whatever is the most natural and on sale, Touche Eclat 2, Avalon Organics moisturizer (although I think I'm due for a change - my skin is too used to it now).
6. Your favorite color:Black
7. Your perfume:Essential oil mash up of patchouli and ylang ylang. I love the earthy, blackberry, tobacco, leathery scents Tom Ford has been rolling out but get bad headaches from processed scents. There's a scent on the sea walk by my place I'd love to capture - it's peppery, oceany and earthy. My husband, a horticulturist, says it's Russian Sage, wet earth, Red Cedar and the final remnants of the season's California Lilac.
8. Your favorite film:The Haunting, 1963
9. What country would you like to visit and why?Turkey - kilms, jewelry, cuisine and sun/heat. The Czech Republic and Slovakia - male bone structure. Norway - the 'old country' - to get in touch with my roots - and Scandinavian design.
10. Make the last question and answer yourself:
If you could be reincarnated what would you be?
A bird - so I could live amongst the trees, hardly eat and finally be able to sing like Edith Piaf instead of Courtney Love.
I'm supposed to pass it on to 10 others. Yeah, so... I will pass it on to:
Beauty 101, Harbourmaster, It's My Darlin', Violet Boutique
Please come visit me on Instagram and Etsy . April 2016 - In French they say, 'Je suis fatigué'. Fatigué is a good word t...
There are The 85 Ways to Tie a Tie , three of which you should know for your thin ties. The Four-in-Hand knot is the best way to...
1. The classic - useful in front of a picture or large window 2. For a long narrow space 3. The right angle creates its own domain in...