How To Wear A Vest
- A vest must cover the waistband. No belt buckle should show. This adds girth (the appearance of weight) and directs the eye straight to the waist.
- The bottom button is meant to be left undone.
- If there's an X across the middle when buttoned, the vest is too tight.
- Yes, you can wear a vest with t-shirt. Leave it unbuttoned and wear it a size or two larger.
- Add some flair to the plain short sleeve button up with a vest and skinny tie.
- Avoid the white and black combo.
What is wrong with this vest?
- Vest is too small. His waist band and belt buckle are showing. Notice how it adds bulk to his waist.
- Too tight. Note the X across the middle.
- Bottom button done up.
- Pants are too tight. Note the pulling across the crotch.
- The shirt is too big. Note the puffy sleeves near the shoulders. Either short or long sleeve please.
- He looks like a waiter.