Summer Basil Gin Popsicle Recipe
stacy reynaudI refuse to let all this basil we have go to waste. Voila - the basil gin boozicle!
I didn't want to use those creepy silicone popsicle molds, nor the $30 stainless steel mold
from Whole Foods, so I improvised.
For the mold I used little recyclable plastic cups, (100 of them cost less than $3), and the popsicle sticks are craft sticks, (bag of 150 less than $3). You can get craft sticks at a craft store or that big box store that starts with W. If you want to be really swish - dye the craft sticks with food coloring or blackberry juice.
What you need:
- 1 cup gin
- 2 cups water
- bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 2 limes - juiced
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- craft sticks
- small cups
What you do:
- add everything to the blender and pulse slowly. Don't go too fast or it will get foamy and that stuff doesn't freeze
- pour the mix into the little cups
- pop a tinfoil hat on them
- slice the middle of the hat with a knife and insert the craft stick
- put the cups on a tray in the freezer for no less than 24 hrs.
- you can omit the water if you want - it just won't freeze as solidly
stacy reynaudSince there are so many blackberries in our neighbourhood right now I went out and grabbed some to make blackberry, basil and Malibu rum boozicles. Recipe coming soon!