cable spool headboard
Industrial artifacts can add oomph to whatever style you've chosen. How about sticking some Louis XIV side tables like these in the room?
What you need:
- cable spool - you can usually get these free from telephone companies or other companies that regularly use large quantities of electrical wire and cables
- sandpaper or mouse sander
- tung oil or varnish
- black marker pen
What to do:
- Remove the top from the spool - the guys at the yard will probably do this for you. While you're there, get them to cut the spool across the bottom to give it better stability.
- Pound down nails that may be sticking out with a hammer
- Sand the spool thoroughly and darken the lettering with your marker pen
- Finish it off with a coat of tung oil or varnish